Two sessions with minimal homework will complete these versatile placemats! The Take Four Placemat pattern comes with 5 different variations. Mix them up or make a matching set!
You will need to purchase or have the following supplies to complete this project. See something on the materials list that you don't have? Not to worry! All items listed below are available for purchase at Studio BERNINA! (Pattern and Batting will be provided in kit fee.)
• (4) Coordinating Fat Quarters (to make 4 placemats). If you want to make 8 placemats, then buy another set of matching fat quarters for sewing at a later date!
• 1 yard coordinating backing fabric
• 1 Spool Aurifil Cotton Thread for piecing. (You may use this for the quilting also if desired.)
• 1 Spool cotton quilting thread for quilting. This will be visible on the top and the bottom.
You will also need these other sewing items to complete this project:
• New Needle - 80/12 or 90/14
• 1/4" Presser Foot for Your Sewing Machine (any of the following will work: #37, #57, #97, #37D, #57D, #97D)
• #10, #10C, #10D Presser Foot or a Walking Foot with the center blade plate for “stitch in the ditch quilting”
• #71 foot for self-binding
• Rotary Cutter with a new blade (We have cutting mats in the classroom!)
• Ruler (6" X 24" or comparable ruler size) and a 12” square ruler
• Binding clips
• Basic Sewing Supply Kit such as: straight pins, scissors, marking pencil or pen; seam ripper, pen and paper to take notes, etc...
This pattern is so fun, and they all come out so individualized based on your fabric selections! See some of past work!