Let the Fabric do the work! Kaleidoscopes appear in this method of quilting. Each block is unique and fun! Fabric selection is key for this method of creating a dazzling kaleidoscope quilt. Each unique square develops as if by magic. The secret is in the stacking - then the whacking! By the end of this class, you will have begun your beautiful and unique quilt top with all the tools and knowledge to independently finish your quilt.
This one session class is full of fun, hands on teaching in our large classroom. This is a fast paced class that begins your quilt in one day! Your day will consist of:
- Lesson in pattern repeats and what to look for when choosing a fabric
- Choosing and purchasing your fabric from Studio BERNINA
- How to stack and cut repeats of your chosen fabric
- Choosing pattern layout, background fabrics, and cutting the rest of your blocks in class or at home
- Cutting your background and choosing floating or non-floating blocks
- Sewing!PLEASE BRING TO CLASS:
If you do have a machine or do not wish to bring your machine in for class, you are able to rent a BERNINA classroom sewing machine for $10.
- Your sewing machine in good working order
- Basic sewing supplies like pins, rulers, marking utensils, etc.
- 24" x 6" ruler
- Good quilting pins - we suggest flower head pins!
- A straight stitch plate (optional)
- Your 1/4" foot
- A rotary blade
- We are happy to help you bust your stash - bring a length of fabric with 6-8 repeats (usually 4-6 yds) and 2yds of solid background fabric. If you don't have that in your stash, be prepared to buy fabric during class!