"What if you finally saw that the sunflowers, turning toward the sun all day and every day - who know how, but they do it - were more precious, more meaningful than gold." - Mary Oliver
Supplies you will need to bring:
Summer is coming and we just can’t wait for the sunflowers. This round of Quilting with Curves is a block from the Soak Up the Sun pattern from Mini Wonderful Curves by Sew Kind of Wonderful. This class will take you through the process of making one quilt block.
- Your sewing/quilting kit - pins, needles, marking pen, small scissors, etc.
- The Mini Wonderful Curves book (available for purchase at Studio Bernina)
- The QCR Mini Ruler (available for purchase at Studio Bernina)
- A 45mm rotary cutter (the larger and smaller sizes will not work with this ruler)
- Thread - We recommend Aurifil (Lisa used color 2314 but an off white, beige or gold color would work)
- A ¼” foot (Lisa recommends #57 as the blade really helps with the process. Other branded machines also have similar ¼” feet.)
- Your sewing machine - a class Bernina 435 can be rented for $10 - please reserve in advance!
Your $20 kit fee includes the fabric to make one 15” x 22” block.
This fee does NOT include the book or ruler necessary to make this block.
Please embrace the learning process whether you love the fabric or not. If you have fabric you would prefer to use, please save it for after the first block. Class samples are like pancakes, always assume you are going to throw out the first one. If it turns out, it is a perfect size to make a small table runner or make several in similar but differing colors and make placemats.
The Mini Wonderful Curves book, QCR Ruler, a 45mm rotary cutter, and 1/4" foot are not included but are absolutely necessary for this class.