Learn the art of fashion drawing and bring to life the wardrobe of your dreams.
We will experiment with techniques for creating portfolio worthy designs. This workshop will focus on proportion, silhouette, fashion industry standards, adding dimension and rendering fabric textures and design details on paper.
This class is great for those who are building a portfolio for design school, or if you are just wishing to learn to draw figures. This class is open to ages 14 and up!
You will need to bring:
- Pencils & Micron pens and a pencil case or box.
- Kneaded eraser
- A select number of color Prismacolors will be available for your to use during class.
- You are welcome to purchase and/or bring your own, but it's not completely necessary for learning.
- Paper- 8 1/2 x 11" plain white copy paper, 20 sheets. *No special papers required.
- Inspirational images: Our instructor will bring some, yet it's best for us to work from images, fabric swatches and ideas that you bring to class!
All skill levels are welcome, adults and teens over 14!
Suited for adults and teens over the age of 14.
Originally having designed for Halston, Randolph Duke, and Banana Republic, among others, Carol Gantos earned her BFA from FIT in New York, studied at Esmod in Paris and has lived and worked in Italy. She's been a design professional for over 20 years and mentors aspiring designers in their creative portfolio development who have gone on to study fashion in New York.